- I wrote Avoiding Comma Kazi for a composition class. The students just seemed to keep making the same punctuation mistakes over and over. After I created the paper, I made them memorize the 3 rules. It definitely helped.
- Playing the Game Called Grammar–Who makes up these rules anyway? Or do they just “happen”? The answers may surprise you.
- Why We Homeschool: What’s a Nice Kid Like You Doing At Home on a School Day?
- Homeschooling Resources I Recommend
- Publishing Tools for the enterprising student or adult
- Rubik’s Cube–You can do it. I know, I know, this is truly random. But my kids gave me a Rubik’s Cube for Christmas one year and after much effort, I resolved to do it even if I had to resort to following online directions. However, this was still far from easy as most directions were pretty convoluted and hard to follow. So finally I formulated what I thought was a more clear “how to” version. (And if this is more clear, just imagine what the others looked like.)
- 5 Keys to Interpreting Scripture–It is amazing how often we don’t follow these simple and classic guidelines for interpreting the Bible.
- King Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream–Fulfilled Prophecy in Scripture
- St. Patrick’s Day: Gospel in a Shamrock. The story of St. Patrick from King Alfred’s English.
- Crucifixion–The Romans Were Not the First (Good Friday)
- Halloween–the Real Meaning
- Merry X-Mas?! The Surprising History of the “X”
- Is Santa Real? – For Christian parents who don’t want their kids to miss the fun of Santa, but hate for him to be the central focus at Christmas.
Movie Related History Tidbits
Simplified Timeline of English Language –from King Alfred’s English
Differential Freight Rates, Balance of Trade, and the American Civil War, written by Avery White
The Rebel Yell –and it’s Celtic origins
Notes from Books–notes and quotes from various books that have been significant in my life.